12 April 2010

Trees in spring

Over the last couple weeks I have really started to take notice how beautiful the flowering trees are this year. Eva had posted a picture of her young magnolia tree on her blog and it inspired me to go take pictures of Nonna's magnolia and weeping cherry tree.

I found out I was not alone with my idea when I talked to Uncle Lee as I was taking pictures of the trees. He informed me that my Aunt Sue had posted pictures of the trees on This Old Paper, and he was planning a post on his Postcardiness's Blog. (He posted it Sunday, and you can see it here.)

So, even though I am lacking in originality, I'm still posting my pictures. Nonna's magnolia tree means so much to me, as I spent many a summer day climbing on it's branches. It has been so many things; an apartment, a spaceship, a restaurant, you name it. A lot of creativity dwelled within those branches.

The weeping cherry tree, on the other hand, always posed a problem for me while mowing that yard. I remember fighting through those weeping branches when they were long enough to touch the ground. I always loved it, though, and think it is one of the most beautiful trees I have ever seen. Enjoy the pictures!











2 comments:

  1. Luke, I'm so glad you posted these pictures, and your memories of the magnolia tree! The weeping cherry blossoms have an especially ethereal quality - breathtaking! A perfect post for your special day! Love from, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Sue. Ethereal is the perfect word to describe the weeping cherry. It has been a magical spring.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails