09 April 2010

Mario Quilt Design

I've come up with a design for my 8-bit Mario quilt. I'm very excited about making it.

I basically just took the image of Mario from the title screen of 'Super Mario Bros.' and zoomed in on it. I moved the green hill over a little bit because I wanted to some blue sky behind Mario in the quilt.


I'm still debating whether or not to go with an all blue background so Mario would stand out more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When it's done it should measure about about 6 feet by 4.5 feet. Now to buy the materials. Onward and upward!

4 comments:

  1. Luke! This is going to be awesome. I had a thought about the green hill in the background: I think it's a little too similar to the olive green in Mario's shoes, shirt, and features. But do away with the green altogether and go all blue? This would be really cool: I like this shade of blue a lot. But, you could also add a smidgen of that lighter colored shrubbery found just down the path. Or would it be too close to the yellow of Mario's hands? I think this is going to depend a lot on your fabric shades. I like that you made your own pattern rather than just printing one out. One of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva! I agree about the greens. Thank you for your thoughts, they were very helpful. I've been tinkering with the colors on Mario, and different 'greenery' background options, so it's a work in progress still. But at least most of the leg work is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I know the little guy will love it and always remember it!

    You rock making the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa. Ari is very excited about the Mario quilt. I better hurry up and go buy the fabric, he has been known to get a little impatient. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails