16 July 2010

B&K Spanish Sauce


Looking for an easy way to make hot dogs exciting?  Well, look no further than B&K Spanish Sauce!  I got the recipe from a co-worker and it tastes exactly like the sauce the drive-in serves.  I made the sauce for Emilie's birthday party and it was quite a hit.  It seemed like everyone was asking me for the recipe or telling me how good it was.  Talk about a crowd pleaser! 

The recipe is very simple, and after the meat was cooked, I just transferred it to a small crock pot until we were ready to eat.  It does make a lot of sauce, so I would recommend cutting the recipe in half for smaller affairs.  A coney dog for the ages, and it is so much better to make it from scratch.

B&K Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs
B&K Drive-In at Logansport, Indiana
Printable Recipe

2 pounds lean 15% ground beef
3⁄4 cup water
2 cups Hunts ketchup
4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1⁄4 cup onion, diced fine
1 teaspoon salt

Do not cook hamburger meat first. Mix raw hamburger with the water and add all the ingredients together in a pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Spoon over hot dogs, or delicious served on a bun by itself.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Your blog is now on my blogroll (right sidebar half way down)
    :-)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva!
    Thanks Captain! Glad to see I'm now own your blogroll. Thanks for that, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails