31 July 2009

Good-bye Ju-ly

Today marks the end of one of the coolest July's we've ever had here in the Hoosier heartland. We've had a few days where the high temperature did not get out of the 60's. That's almost unheard of! But we've made the best of it. Our annual trip to the county fair was so windy and cool; many of us wished we had on sweatshirts; as a lot of people did. This weather is tailor made for bike riding, but not so much swimming, so we haven't frequented my mom's pool as much as we had planned. But, she got a new swing-set, so that has kept the kids entertained; and so has the sandbox. What a hit those have turned out to be.

I don't know if the cool weather has anything to do with it, but the clouds over the last couple of weeks have been simply breathtaking. Looking up in the sky during the day has been nothing short of a welcome treat for the eyes. I have found myself gazing up in awe of their spectacular beauty, so much so that I had to get my camera out and capture the moment. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but I wanted to share it nonetheless. Seeing these clouds bounding through the atmosphere has been a real delight this summer.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful! I think bounding is the perfect word! Thanks for sharing this picture Luke!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails