22 April 2009

Thanks Earth!

Happy Earth Day Planet Earth!

I owe my own survival to you, Earth. Without you, I don't know where I'd be. Everything you have gone through over the billions of years, you are truly remarkable with all of your life sustaining goodness. I am honored to be able to spend time you during this period of your existence. Thanks again for everything!

Oh, one more thing; sorry about all the satellites and other space junk in your orbit up there. I know it kind of takes away from your beauty a little bit; but I'm sure you understand. Technology...what are you gonna do? But any who, here's to many more years of good health and prosperity!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Earth Day! With this post you've: 1. helped me realize it is indeed Earth Day. 2. infected me with gratitude and 3. made me hope this isn't a real photo of space junk floating around Earth! is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, it is a computer generated image based on actual data. The picture does not depict the satellites and debris items at actual size or density, though.

    I was startled the first time I saw these images. I found out that of the 6,000 satellites launched since the 60s, it is estimated only 800 are operational; the rest just float uselessly in orbit. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails