24 April 2009

Baking bug bites big time

Yes, I have been bitten by the baking bug yet again. I have a lot of recipes I want to try running around in my head, and I'm ready to get to work in the kitchen. So, what's the problem? Well, the majority of what I want to make are desserts, and with so few mouths to feed in my house I don't want the fridge to be full of sweets, with not many takers. I don't want anything to go to waste. Plus, when I cook, I get more pleasure seeing others enjoy my food, than I do eating it myself most of the time. Here is the list of items I want to make:

Sweet:
Chocolate meringue pie
Strawberry custard pie
German chocolate cake
Coconut Cake
Pâte à choux - to make cream puffs or eclairs
Chocolate mousse

Savory:
Coq au vin
Chicken salad
Fried gizzards (yes, really)

I have never tried to make any of these and I am intrigued by all of them. Where do I begin?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails