11 August 2010

Super Mario Quilt


The Super Mario quilt is complete!  I am so happy with the way it turned out, too.  I love the colors, plus having a life-size quilted Mario is pretty cool.  It didn't take me as long to complete it as I thought it would, and it wasn't nearly as tedious as I was anticipating by using smaller squares. 

Even more happy to have the quilt completed is Ari, who had been asking me when it would be finished since I bought the fabric.  The night I finished it, I took it up to his room and covered him with it so he would be surprised when he woke up.  He was pretty thrilled the next morning.  It fits on his bed nicely, too.


Hmmm...maybe I should make a Princess Peach quilt for Emilie...

2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful father you are, what a way to wake up! This looks really really really cool. I think the black border is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva! I think the border really brings the whole thing together. It is actually a charcoal color. I only mention it because we had to go to three different stores before I found the fabric. I could picture what I wanted in my mind, and I wouldn't settle for anything else. It drove Valerie crazy, but it was worth it! I'm glad you noticed it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails