07 August 2010

Rocky Road


I scream.  You scream.  We all scream for ice cream!  Rocky road ice cream, to be exact.  I have made ice cream in the past, but kept it pretty basic by just making vanilla or chocolate.  I have been craving rocky road ice cream, but the only one's I could find had a marshmallow swirl and not actual marshmallows.  So, I decided to just make my own.

After making some marshmallows for some rice crispy treats, I decided it was a good time to try my hand at the ice cream.  I found a basic chocolate ice cream recipe on the Internet and got to work.  Once the ice cream base had been in the ice cream mixer for about twenty minutes, I added some small cut marshmallows and toasted almonds.

I let the ice cream firm up a bit more in the freezer for a few hours before dishing it out, but it was worth the wait.  The ice cream was so good!  It is the best ice I have ever made, and was just what I was looking for in a rocky road ice cream.  The marshmallows are sweet and soft, and the toasted almonds give a nice nutty flavor and crunch.  A superb summer treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails