11 May 2009

Welcome back lilac


Our lilacs bloomed for the first time in a couple of years and what a welcome addition they were to our spring. Last year a late freeze did it in; zapping all of the budding flowers. The year before, it was taken over by a renegade vine that had plans for world domination and was looking to take over everything in its path. By the time we realized what was happening, Valerie and I thought the vine may have suffocated the lilac bush to death. That's another reason why I was so happy to see those tiny light purple flowers welcoming the spring. Only after opening the dining room windows to let the wonderful aroma waft in with the breeze did I realize how much I missed it.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Renegade vines! ha ha! Man, I can smell that lilac from here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails