02 January 2011

The Indianapolis Colts Quilt


1680 squares.  It was a daunting number when I finished the final planning for the quilt.  It was the only way I could get the Colts logo to look good by using squares, though.  I knew what I had to do, so I bought the fabric and started cutting the two inch squares.  Once all the squares were cut, the stacks of two inch squares were even more intimidating.  It wasn't difficult, just time consuming, but I got it done.

Another Christmas present, the Indianapolis Colts quilt is the most challenging quilt I have made to date.  It is the quilt I have learned the most from making as well.  Most important of all, I now have a better understanding of how the fabric behaves and responds when sewn together.  There were some times of frustration while making it; but now that it's done, I am really proud of it and happy to give it as a gift.

The reverse side of the quilt is Indianapolis Colts fabric (I should have taken a picture of it).  So it is in a sense, reversible.  I modified the design of the back slightly after I purchased the fabric, so I ended up with enough to make another quilt.  I'm sure I'll get around to it, I just don't know when I'll be ready to cut another 1680 squares.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! I have a feeling you like a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this!! How much material did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought 1 yard of white fabric and 3.5 yards of blue fabric for the front.

      Delete
  4. I would like to do something similar (I have tried and tried to figure it out so that it was more round, all mine looked more oval. . .Would there be any way you would share your pattern with me?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails