07 December 2010

Before and After

I am a big fan of before and after pictures. That direct comparison is really rewarding, especially after completing a big project, or simply making a change. Too often, though, I forget to take the 'before' picture to use to compare to the 'after'. 

On a totally unrelated subject, my lovely wife bought me a new recliner this year with her Christmas bonus.  I was beside myself with joy as we made the purchase at the furniture store.  I had a really nice recliner that was given to me by my dad a few years ago.  However, it is about 20 years old and beginning to fall apart.  I had a hard time admitting it because it is still so comfortable.  The final straw came when a bracket broke inside the reclining mechanism which resulted in a loud popping sound whenever someone got out of the chair.  Feel free to read about my discovery of the broken bracket here.

I loved that blue chair, but it was falling apart.  It was becoming more and more evident that it's days were coming to an end.  After searching a few furniture stores for a worthy replacement, we finally found one.  I loaded it in the back of the SUV and headed home.  As I brought it inside, I felt a little sad to relegate my blue recliner to the basement.  I mean, I have enjoyed sitting in that chair for almost 20 years; now that's a lot to live up to for this new one.

Before I took it out of the living room, it hit me, I should take a picture of it.  I don't know why, but it felt fitting.  So, I decided to do a before and after.  My new chair is so comfortable as well, and we are still breaking it in.  It doesn't squeak, creek, and pop like my old one, and that's definitely an improvement.  I think the kids are using it more than I am, but that's fine.  Maybe someday I'll give it to Ari and he will love it as much as I love my blue chair.

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails